I have kept using and recommending Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate during the past month as it really works great for me on converting videos as well as ripping newer DVD releases. However, recently when trying to make backup copies of some old DVD movies to playable MP4 files, I was in a big trouble in the very first step of loading DVDs to Wondershare.
Image already added
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate fails to load DVD movies and pop up the below error message. I have tried a couple of DVDs like:
- TRANSFORMERS Revenge of the Fallen
Some of them are kids’ cartoon movies from Disney and some are action movies. None of them are able to be loaded to the program, which makes me really upset.
I try myself to troubleshoot this issue and do a quick search “wondershare fails to load dvds” in Google, and this official guide from Wondershare comes first. I tried those options one by one, however, I have to say that none of them worked. And there are the details:
- I have tried the above mentioned 5 DVDs and all of them are playing perfectly on my Windows (MPC-HC) and Mac DVD Player as well as the INNA player.
- I installed the free plugin to remove DRM or CSS protection on DVDs. As explained in the page, the plug-in is only for Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, including both Windows and Mac versions. I assume this is the way Wondershare uses to avoid risk of being punished from DVD unions or local laws. I was assuming this could be the very way out, but the expectative result does not arrive at all. I get the same error message…
- I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and disabling the anti-virus program IObit SystemCare Pro to no luck.
- I run it as administrator and update the driver, the same thing happens.
Image already added
I did not give up and started to troubleshoot the issue of Wondershare failing to load DVDs as I notice there are two other options to load DVDs: Load DVD Folder and Load IFO Files and I have some luck.
Firstly, I try to load the DVD via Load DVD Folder option. But it gives me an almost the same error message as shown below.
Then I go to the drop-down menu and try Load IFO files. Locate the DVD drive and choose VIDEO_TS folder. All IFO files will be listed and I select them all and click on Open.
Wondershare will ask you to choose main movie or full movie as always. I choose main movie since the DVD here in example THE_DARK_KNIGHT is an action movie and I know there will be only one or two titles that are right to rip.
I still get an error message saying a couple of IFO files failed to load but there is one title loaded!
So, I just ignore the error and start to rip the DVD to MP4 H265! And it WORKS!
There is a couple of tips that I need to mention during the troubleshooting and ripping.
- Always make sure to install the free plugin so as to load and rip protected DVDs.
- All the 5 DVDs that fail to load to Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate normally works this ways.
- You may still probably get an loading IFO files error but no worry, try the loaded title and you may have some luck.
- I get two or more titles listed even I choose main movie that are in the same length. I suggest you to preview it or play the DVD on your DVD player or follow this guide to detect the right title before ripping so it will less likely to give you some other trouble.
- I really hope my suggestion work for you. But if it does not, try to contact Wondershare here with some related screenshots as well as the log file so Wondershare support team can be of better and faster help.
- If you are not satisfied with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and are looking for an alternative, feel free to contact me of leave a comment below. I am always here to help.