Video editing software refers to programs that let businesses edit, change, produce, or influence video or movie files. You can improve the video by cutting and rearranging it, removing bits, and adding effects. A good video editor can help any company, regardless of size, create powerful video content. The majority of these free online and offline video editing software are beginner-friendly, so even if you’re new to video editing, you can easily create a video with these video editing tools, either online or offline. As we all know, there is a plethora of free video editing software for PCs, MacBooks, and other Operating Systems (OS) available on the Internet. However, most of them do not provide the same level of quality that you would expect.
Therefore, recently, I personally have collected up tons of online and offline video editing tools on a market basis as well as verified them one by one. After All, a complete catalog of the top free video editing software for PC, MAC, and Linux is built. If you’re a knowledgeable video editor, then check our picks of the best expert video editor.
Here we have a list of the best free video editors for PC, Mac, and Linux. I prefer desktop programs for editing, simply because they offer more editing capabilities than online ones. When you need to create long or large videos like 4K video editing for YouTube, they are right here to help.
OpenShot Video Editor
Openshot Video Editor is a free desktop application that is the most user-friendly video editing program available. The Openshot free editor hits a good balance between enhanced capabilities and a straightforward border. When you generate modifications between clips, it also makes real-time previews available. OpenShot is a good option for small businesses or individuals who need to resize, mount, cut, snap, or rotate their clips. Credit scrolling, frame sliding, time recording, audio editing, and real-time preview are also recommended.
- Completely free and simple to use
- Unlimited track layers Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, cracking, rotation, and cutting video changes with real-period performances
- Different transitions and video effects, like Chroma key and Color filters, etc
- Over 70 languages supported
- 4K UHD 60 FPS with no watermark
Cons: They do not have that many video tutorials.
Lightworks is a completely free desktop application that you may install on any Windows, Mac, or Linux device. It is the top free-of-charge choice for anyone wanting to make qualified-quality films and video cassettes without spending any money. While it is not a match for Adobe Premiere Elements, it does handle multitrack video and is a non-linear editor, ensuring that the quality of your material isn’t compromised while being processed. You may easily find all sorts of high-end functions with this video editing program that is generally only available with pricey versions like Final-Cut Pro. These features include the capability to import and condense film in the upbringing and real-time previewing of video effects.
- Lightworks offers free professional-grade tools plus extendable excellent online tutorials
- Real-time effects and 4K editing are available through keyboard shortcuts
- Share videos directly to YouTube
- Royalty-free audio and video assets
- Effects are simple to utilize.
- Lightworks require high system requirements for PC and Steeper knowledge bend than some only transfer in MPEG format.
- There are no Split and Merge options available.
- Export only 720P and Mp4 H.264 for the free version
Shotcut started out as a completely free video editor. It is a free open-Source application for Linux that has been ported to Windows and Mac PCs after a few years of use. Although Shotcut’s advanced journey takes occasioned by an odd-observing user boundary, it remains one of the greatest free video editors currently available. The procedure of pulling media files into your design, for example, is a straightforward and intuitive feature of the Shotcut system. However, there is little denying that this video editor has a higher learning curve than most. You will have to set your display, for example, by totaling the functions you will require.
- Shotcut has a wonderful selection of filters, it offers a friendly environment and effects, it chains straight-streaming and it is easy to import media.
- 8K and 240 FPS Video Supported
- This free video editing software has correct color rendering for different video codecs, making it very useful for producing outstanding videos.
- There is a forum community where you may receive rapid answers to your issues
- You can not broadcast filters and they have watermarks on videos.
- No stock music available, and Shotcut does not enable uploading external subtitle files in SRT or SUB.
Free Online Video Editing Software
With the rapid development of social video sharing networks like YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Instagram, etc, everyone is eager to share their videos. However, what if you don’t have a good and powerful computer for video editing? Online video editing is right here to help. All you need to do is an internet connection! Here we’ll be discussing the top 4 best free online video editing software.
Clipchamp is a well-recognized available online video editing program that includes a video compressor, converter, and webcam recorder in addition to video editing features. The finest aspect is that its user-friendly work platform enables beginners to complete video editing in a short amount of time, and the product may be kept on the computer or shared via Google Drive. They include straightforward drag-and-drop capabilities that permit you to cut, crop, swap, and reverse videos as needed. Furthermore, you may easily change the intensity, richness, and contrast of your image. Transitions, text, overlays, and backdrops can all be added. They feature a store collection that includes both paid and free movie and audio materials, allowing you to choose based on your needs. However, you will need to purchase their paying membership to add a logo to your clip.
- No watermark.
- Free templates to create videos with ease, without prior video editing expertise required
- Easily to manage your photos and video clips
- Export the modified movie directly to the computer, or post it to Google Drive, Facebook, or another location of your choice.
- No 4K exportation, 480p SD only.
- The paid edition is required to add a logo to your editing.
- No watermark.
- Free premade templates are available to create videos with ease.
- Storyboard and timeline mode for both beginners and professionals.
- No 4K exportation.
- It requires a stable network.
Movie Maker Online
It is an online free video editing tool that you can access from anywhere at any time. We may utilize it with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (in browser). Movie Maker Online is a web-based video editing program. To manage a video, simply drag it onto an odd upright project timeline, where you may cut segments and apply filters and transition effects. The main benefit of using an online editor is that you may use it from any computer, and you do not have to concern about content storage. Another significant advantage is that, because everything is done in the cloud, your computer specifications are less important, and the age of your hardware is irrelevant when utilizing an online video editor.
Pros: It performs on any system and offers fee-free content for video creators.
Cons: Movie Maker Online has a confusing layout and too much disturbing advertising on their website.
Kizoa is an online video editing application that is known for having a big selection of transition special effects that may help you create professional-looking videos quickly. On Kizoa, you can simply create movies with photographs, videos, and audio, as well as add text, special effects, music, and edits to make the clip more polished. Kizoa also provides 4K UHD footage in a variety of aspect ratios, including 6:9, 4:3, 3:2, 9: 6, 3:4, and 2:3 picture formats. You may effortlessly upload movies and photos from your computer or any social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Pros: They have a good feature every time we select a video to edit, they will indicate what to do next, so it becomes easy for new users.
Cons: Kizoa offers a watermark in the Free plan, and the exported video is restricted to 720P.